The Burhill Curriculum
Burhill is committed to delivering a broad, rich and engaging curriculum that meets all of the requirements of the primary National Curriculum. We prepare all children at Burhill for learning and success by inspiring and equipping them with the skills, knowledge and emotional resilience required for their future.
At Burhill Primary School, children:
- love learning and are inspired to know more and remember more;
- feel part of our community and are proud of our school;
- understand how to look after their physical and mental wellbeing;
- are able to develop healthy relationships;
- know what it feels like to be good at something;
- are confident and resilient to transition successfully to secondary school and beyond.
The majority of children enter Burhill School with a good foundation fostered through supportive parenting and exposure to a wide range of life experiences. Baseline data gathered in nursery and reception highlights that there is a need to strengthen children’s abilities to self-regulate, manage themselves and build relationships. In consultation with the local feeder school, it is clear that children need a strong foundation in all areas of the curriculum, not just core subjects. Children need to leave having developed emotional resilience and transferrable skills to equip them in undertaking further study and beyond.