Remote Learning Information
At Burhill, we use Teams to deliver virtual learning sessions and communicate with children when they are learning from home. All children have individual accounts and have been taught how to use Teams. A user guide for parents is available here.
The full details of our remote learning offer for children isolating, bubble closures and partial school closures are outlined in this document.
If your child is learning from home or isolating, please use the links on their year group page to access their home learning and packs.
Please access the pages using the usual parent log-in details. Please contact the school office or your teacher if you need these.
We expect any child learning at home to access:
- a daily maths video lesson from White Rose and follow up activity from the White Rose booklet
- a daily English video lesson from Oak National Academy and the associated online activity
- a daily theme video lesson from Oak National Academy and the associated online activity
- a daily phonics video lesson or spelling activity using spelling list and video to help you practise
- a daily handwriting activity using the home learning pack from the Parents' Document Library on our website
- a daily story from the links within the Parents' Document Library
- regular movement breaks throughout the day - try our suggested resources
- optional additional activities using our school subscriptions, such as Mathletics and BugClub
If you have any questions, please use the relevant year group e-mail address to contact your child's class teacher. These emails are monitored frequently throughout the day:
During the delivery of virtual lessons, especially where webcams are involved:
- Only the child of the class may participate in live sessions and no other members of the household.
- Staff and children must wear suitable clothing, as should anyone else in the household.
- Any computers used must be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms; and the background should be blurred.
- Only the child in the class invited is permitted to participate in the live lesson/session and no other members of the household.
- The live class will be recorded so that if any issues were to arise, the video can be reviewed and they will be stored for no more than one half term, being deleted at the start of each new half term.
- Pupils and other members of the household are not permitted to record live sessions on any device, or to download, save or share any recorded sessions.
- Live classes should be kept to a reasonable length of time, or the streaming may prevent the family ‘getting on’ with their day.
- Language (both verbal and written) must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background or using the communication platforms.
- Staff will only use platforms provided by Burhill Primary School to communicate with pupils.
- Staff should record, the length, time, date and attendance of any sessions held.
Our full safeguarding policy can be found here.