Remote Learning Information
If your child is isolating, please use the links on their year group page to access their home learning.
We expect any child learning at home to access:
- a daily maths video lesson from White Rose and follow up activity from the White Rose booklet
- a daily English video lesson from Oak National Academy and the associated online activity
- a daily theme video lesson from Oak National Academy and the associated online activity
- a daily phonics video lesson or spelling activity using spelling list and video to help you practise
- a daily handwriting activity using the home learning pack from the Parents' Document Library on our website
- a daily story from the links within the Parents' Document Library
- regular movement breaks throughout the day - try our suggested resources
- optional additional activities using our school subscriptions, such as Mathletics and BugClub
If you have any questions, please use the relevant year group e-mail address to contact your child's class teacher:
During the delivery of virtual lessons, especially where webcams are involved:
o Staff and children must wear suitable clothing, as should anyone else in the household.
o Any computers used must be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms; and the background should be blurred.
o The live class will be recorded so that if any issues were to arise, the video can be reviewed and they will be stored for up to a year.
o Live classes should be kept to a reasonable length of time, or the streaming may prevent the family ‘getting on’ with their day.
o Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
o Staff will only use platforms provided by Burhill Primary School to communicate with pupils.
o Staff should record, the length, time, date and attendance of any sessions held.
Our full safeguarding policy can be found here.