Working at Burhill Primary School
If you would like to know about our current vacancies, please visit the Burhill vacancies page on the eteach website.
Is this your first teaching job?
If you are considering a career in teaching, Burhill is a great place to look. We have a great track record in supporting newly qualified teachers and we can offer a fantastic start to your teaching career.
- You will work in a big year team.
- You will be supported by an experienced mentor.
- You will have further support from your phase leader and phase colleagues.
- You will access continuing professional development.
- You will be part of a wider network of newly qualified teachers from across 4 trust schools.
- You will have access to a professional coach.
- The support continues into your NQT plus 1 year.
- You will have the opportunity to shadow subject leadership.
- Great classroom facilities.
- Every class has a TA.
What do our NQTs say about working here?
“I’ve been supported every day since I arrived. We work as a strong team. My mentor teaches my class one day a week so really understands me when it comes to my own development”.
“I’ve grown such a lot since I started here. I now feel so much more confident and my career is going from strength to strength”.
“I love the freedom that working in a young, enthusiastic team brings. I get to try out all my ideas. The teachers here go above and beyond to make every experience memorable”.
Are you looking for your next teaching job?
If you are looking to further your teaching career, then Burhill has many opportunities to offer.
- Professional coaches available to all staff.
- Leadership and shadow leadership opportunities.
- Working as part of a strong and enthusiastic team.
- A truly creative environment.
- Great opportunities for outdoor education.
- A culture of learning which allows for continuous professional development.
- A well-resourced school with plenty of space.
- Training in Philosophy For Children.
What do our experienced teachers say about working here?
“I moved here in my third year of teaching and since I joined Burhill, I have really developed my career. I am now an accredited Forest Schools Teacher. I am trained in Philosophy For Children. I have mentored students and I am now shadowing leadership”.
“Working at Burhill, is never boring. Every year we match the curriculum to the interests of the children and so we are not stuck in a rut, dusting off last year’s planning for the same old curriculum coverage”.