- Current Parents
- Provision for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
Provision for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
Our Vision Statement for SEND
“Burhill Primary is an inclusive school where everyone is valued. We have high expectations and aspirations and strive to remove barriers to learning so every child can experience success. We work in partnership with parents to ensure that every child will be safe, healthy, creative, and have the personal confidence, skills and opportunities to become independent learners and contribute and achieve more than thought possible”.
We believe that all pupils, whatever their ability or specific need, have a right to a broad, balanced and differentiated creative curriculum relevant to their needs.
The whole school has a shared responsibility for identifying, assessing and meeting the needs of every individual pupil. Every class teacher is a teacher of SEN. Each pupil should be fully integrated into the life of the school and be given full support from staff with ambitious expectations-there is no limit to the progress any child at Burhill can make.
At Burhill we will endeavour
- To ensure early identification of need
- To encourage effective partnership with parent/carers.
- To ensure swift referrals are made to other relevant professionals
- To recognise the importance of pupil voice and encourage children to become fully involved in their education
- We aim for all pupils with SEND to meet or exceed the high expectations set for them based on their age and starting points.
- We strive to give children with SEND the support they need.
- Reduce barriers to learning for your child and ensure participation for all
- We will set ambitious outcomes (educational and other) for children following discussion with the family and the child.
- We want all children to become confident individuals who will be able to make a successful transition on to the next phase of their educational journey and into adulthood.
- All children are supported to access a balanced and broadly based curriculum.
- Every child is supported to enable them to meet their full potential.
- The needs of most children will be met by high quality, differentiated teaching in the classroom.
- In some instances, carefully planned interventions will be introduced to meet specific, individual needs.
- The impact of these interventions will be measured over time.
- Provision will be mapped to ensure that staff deployment, resource allocation and choice of intervention leads to excellent learning outcomes.
- Staff will keep up to date through well targeted, continuous professional development.
- For further information on how Burhill Primary School supports children with SEND please click on the links below.
- From September 2014, all schools are required to publish details of their SEN Information Report, detailing support for pupils with special educational needs and/or a disability.
- Surrey’s Local Offer is an excellent website that provides useful Information and details of services available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities and their families. It includes information about education, health and care provision https://www.surreylocaloffer.org.uk
Specialist Teachers for Inclusive Practice (STIP): Surrey County Council
The following section is specifically aimed at supporting parents with valuable links to support parents with their child’s mental health, return to school, learning, and managing their own mental health.
|Provision for Pupils with SEN||Date|
|WAVE 1 Quality First Teaching||02nd Jan 2020||Download|
|WAVE 2 INTERVENTIONS||02nd Jan 2020||Download|
|WAVE 3 INTERVENTIONS||02nd Jan 2020||Download|
|WAVES OF INTERVENTION AT BURHILL PRIMARY SCHOOL||02nd Jan 2020||Download|
|Accessibility Policy||02nd Jan 2020||Download|
|BURHILL SEND IN A NUTSHELL JAN 2020||19th Apr 2020||Download|
|SEN INFORMATION REPORT 2021 2022||24th May 2022||Download|